Wednesday 8 January 2014

Infrequent!

Happy New Year!  I knew it'd been a while since I posted but I didn't think it'd been a month.  Ho hum.

In my defence, there's a new blog in the blogosphere where I've been spending some of my time - the Haiku blog, which is a joint effort with my sister.  It's been surprisingly fun so far.  The only other outlet I've had for haikuing (good word, if a little vowel heavy) has been Creatures Caves, and those have really been only the creatures-related ones.  There's no reason they couldn't be posted here I suppose - but collaborative projects are always good.  (Well, I say always.  That might be a bit optimistic, but let's leave at that in the spirit of the season.)

No real resolutions this year: that always seems like a recipe for disaster.  The only thing I really did want to get done this year was read (on average) a book a week; this was prompted by cleaning the bookshelves before Christmas and seeing how many books I have that I either haven't read or want to read again.  So, this year is the year!  I'll create a new page to hold the details.

Thinking about it, there are several other things that I want to get done this year.  I've gone back to HabitRPG to try and keep focused on certain tasks; I'd given up on it when it went haywire with new updates before Christmas, but I've just cleared everything out and started again.  It's still very random in places, and working things break as frequently as other bugs are fixed (one gets the impression of infinite monkeys with infinite laptops) but once it settles down a bit (assuming it ever does) I'll do a review.  If I don't swear off it in frustration first, that is.

Also - once a month really isn't enough to update a blog.  It's not that I don't have things I want to blog about, it's that I'm not making time for it.  Partly this is because it falls into the "fun/frivolous" category.  That said, I want to work on being kinder to me and less type A this year, so maybe making time for blogging will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment